Sunday, September 20, 2009

Chicken Fried Chicken

I got to go see Amy, Mike, Owen and Emma in South Carolina. I got to understand what Mike does and got to tour Beufort including Pat Conroy's boyhood home. I just finished his book. I could live there. I really enjoyed it! Lots of trees, lots of water, lots of ocean! Most of all, a cute little family. Mike's a good dad and husband and Amy is a good mom, wife and daughter. Plus, my grandkids are adorable! As you can see by this video, Owen is doing great. This is one week after getting his cast on.













As you can see from these photos, they are all pretty darn cute!
There is a "SOMETHIN" about Emma that words can't describe. Adorablenessous isn't a word but it comes close. Somehow she exudes a sweetness that you feel. She is easy on the eyes and heart.

Thanks for making my time there enjoyable

4 comments:

nikki said...

I know what you mean about Emma - she has a little something special you can't quite put your finger on. My boys felt the same way. They all came home this summer quite taken with Miss Em.

I am happy Owen is getting around good. He is so cute and funny. I agree with you about Amy and Mike - two amazing people!

I can't wait to visit them too. Pat Conroy's book is on my nightstand too but first I have to tackle Dan Brown's new one!

I love you Dad-o!

Carrie said...

So great you were able to go visit the South Carolinians! I want to visit too, but doesn't sound like they will be there very long. Love all these pictures and Owen cast walking is hilarious!

Amy said...

First: Dad... you blogged!! I'm speechless! I hope having a live in blogger tutor will help you keep this up!

Second, thank you thank you for coming to visit and saying such neat things about us. We love playing hosts and tour guides and hope we get to do it a lot while we're here. That last picture you got of Emma and I is so cute, I'm going to have to steal it.

Erica said...

Emma is so stinkin cute! And she is getting cute little eyebrows and long hair! I love it! I seriously cannot wait until Hawaii with all y'all! Good job posting and getting that video up! I love that Owen learned how to walk around on his cast. Makes for much happier boy! I hope we get to make it out there before these guys move! You need to post about Pinehurst! I want to see those pics!