Monday, June 30, 2008

Hawaii 2008

Amy just dialed me in to the mysterious world of blogging! So I'm beginning with our 2008 trip to paradise. Karen's father Gordon passed away suddenly June 5th . It was tough on all of us, as we all adored Grandpa. We were fortunate to already have had this trip planned, we needed to be by ourselves . So for 10 days we enjoyed each others company as we continued to think and reflect on Grandpa's influence on our lives and our children's. We ate at great restaurants (liahaina grill (formally David Pauls),Roy's, Mama's fish house, Tomato Basil, Cheesburger-in-Paradise), played tennis, golf, strolled the beaches everyday, but mostly we read books by the pool. The above picture was taken from our room! We had the best rooms you can have at the Shearaton Kannapalli.

The picture below is us on our evening cruise.

This picture is just outside our room.


I took a bunch of pictures of this sunset at the end of our cruise.

Thanks Amy for making me a blogger. I have always dreamed of this happening and now its a reality! I feel complete now.

6 comments:

Brad and Karen said...

Yay! We get to see pictures of our New Best Friends! Keep it up! Love from Uganda - B&K

Brad and Karen said...

Karen finally gave me a chance to hold the computer...computer time here is very valuable. The pictures look great and they bring back tons of fun memories! What I would give for a meal at David Pauls right now! I was so sad to hear that Bob had to golf alone one day, I wish I would have been there! Take care, Brad W.

nikki said...

I am so happy that you feel complete now. Good thing you had Amy the Blogmaster to give you a tutorial! Hawaii looks beautiful and my parents are cute. I know you had a relaxing time and ate lots of great food!

Can't wait to see you. I love this Daddy Bob!

Erica said...

Whoa! Look at you! I am very impressed! I forgot that Amy was there for a second and I got even more impressed (but I still am) Love the pictures! I love that you are getting into the blog world! And I can't wait to see you in a couple days!

Carrie said...

Welcome to our funny but awesome blog world! So glad you came:) Hawaii looks gorgeous. Glad you had a great trip, especially this time as you said.

Amy said...

Thanks dad for all the "shout outs". I don't deserve all the recognition! I'm just glad your blogging and that I can hear about all the funny things you have to say about stuff. Maybe the cost of my assistance will be a trip to Hawaii! hehe